SUBWAY® RESTAURANTS "FIT FOR LIFE CHALLENGE" SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to residents of Grand Rapids, Michigan Designated Market Area (“DMA”) School District, who are eighteen (18) years of age of older, and register to participate on-line at www.gofitforlife.com (“Participants”). You need not be present to win. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust, Ltd. (“SFAFT”) on behalf of Market #039-0 (“Sponsor”) and Subway IP, Inc.; Franchisee World Headquarters, LLC; SUBWAYÒ Restaurants; The Summit Group; and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins between 12:01 a.m. EDT on October 17, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on October 28, 2016 (“Contest Term”). You may enter only once. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT of the last day of the Contest, i.e. October 28, 2016. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes.
Beginning on October 17, 2016, Schools may register to participate at www.gofitforlife.com. The school with the most involvement in the program has a chance to win sporting equipment.
- PRIZES: There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded. The Grand Prize will consist solely of $1,000 of sporting equipment which include basketballs, soccer balls, jump ropes and kick/dodge balls. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prizes is $1,000. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- SELECTION & NOTICE: The Grand Prize winner will be the school with the highest average physical activity recorded at the end of the two-week challenge. The number of minutes logged will be weighted as a percentage of the number of students participating.
Winners need not be present to win. Winners will be contacted by November 3, 2016. If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours or if the chosen Entrant refuses the fitness equipment Prize for any reason, the Entrant with the next highest average physical activity recorded will be declared the Winner. If there are no eligible entries in a market, Sponsors will determine, in their sole discretion, another Designated Entity in the potential Prize Winner's community.
- Prize conditions: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. If necessary due to unavailability of the Prize, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded at the discretion of the Sponsor. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within three (3) days of issuance. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Contest and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winners’ photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, and contents of the entry form without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Contest.
- CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Contest, Participant affirms that they have read and agree to abide by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest or the website. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE RELATED TO SPONSOR OR THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable Entries; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical, technical, technological, mechanical or factual errors, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical, technological, mechanical or factual error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any website(s). Additionally, Released Parties bear no liability for acts of Force Majeure or other acts which interfere with the intended proper administration, operation and fulfillment of this Contest. Any Entry that is defaced, mutilated, forged, illegible, altered, tampered with, mechanically reproduced, contains printing or other errors or that is not legitimately obtained is void.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Participants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor; Subway IP, Inc.; Franchisee World Headquarters, LLC; SUBWAYÒ Restaurants; and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Participants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Contest, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. Sponsor agrees not to use and/or sell Participants’ personal information to outside bodies, beyond contacting the winner of this contest, but reserves the right to use the winner’s name and/or likeness in post-contest promotion either/both on-air, in print, and/or online.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, Participants agree that: (a) except as otherwise specifically set forth in these Official Rules, any action arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any Participant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut or the appropriate Connecticut State Court; and Participants and or their parent or guardian hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such court for the purposes of litigating any such action, and any right to a trial by jury is hereby waived; (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any Participant and/or Sponsor shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event will Participants and/or their parents or guardians be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or other legal costs; (d) under no circumstances will Participants and/or their parents or guardians be permitted to obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and Participants and/or their parents or guardians sole remedy will be an action at law for damages to the extent allowed by sub-paragraphs (c) and (e) of this Rule ; and (e) under no circumstances will Participants and/or their parents be permitted, and Participants and/or their parents hereby waive all rights, to: (i) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of pocket costs described in (c) above; and (ii) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after November 3, 2016) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “SubwayÒ Fit for Life Challenge” Contest, - WINNERS - or - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o “SubwayÒ Fit for Life Challenge” Contest, c/o The Summit Group, 117 W. 400 S. Salt Lake City, Utah 84101. All requests must be received by June 20, 2016. Official Rules also available at www.gofitforlife.com.
- SPONSOR INFORMATION: Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust, Ltd. on behalf of Market #039-0, c/o The Summit Group, 117 W. 400 S. Salt Lake City, Utah 84101 is the Sponsor.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
© 2016 SUBWAY® is a Registered Trademark of Subway IP Inc. ©2016 Subway IP Inc.
All rights reserved.